Name and Vision – BROTHER’S KEEPERS: Gen 4:9 The Lord said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?” And he said, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?”
Alone we are exposed and defeated, but together with Christ as the centre we are STRONG. We cover one another, carry each other, protect one another, stand for one another, fight for one another, confess to one another, pray for one another, encourage each other and reach out to all those around us, we became our “BROTHER’S KEEPERS”
1 Samuel 22:2– And everyone who was in distress, everyone who was in debt, and everyone who was discontented gathered to him. So he became captain over them. And there were about four hundred men with him.
- Bring the ark of God back or bring God where He belongs, 1 Samuel 6:3- So they said, “If you send away the ark of the God of Israel, do not send it empty; but by all means return it to Him with a trespass offering. Then you will be healed, and it will be known to you why His hand is not removed from you”
- Calling up the Gideon’s “Mighty men of valour” Judges 6:12; 14-16- And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, “The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valour!” Then the Lord turned to him and said, “Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you? 15. So he said to Him, O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh and I am the least in my father’s house.” 16 And the Lord said to him, “Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man.”
- Rebuke and correct one another. Daniel 5:23; 2 Samuel 12:17- “And you have lifted yourself up against the Lord of heaven. They have brought the vessels of His house before you, and you and your lords, your wives and your concubines, have drunk wine from them. And you have praised the gods of silver and gold, bronze and iron, wood and stone, which do not see or hear or know; and God who holds your breath in His hand owns all your ways, you have nit glorified; Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! Thus says the Lord God of Israel: I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul.
- Bring the fear of God to the sons of His house. Psalm 111:10- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding has all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever. Proverbs 8:13- The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate.
- Unity amongst men. Philippians 1:27- Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel. (Romans 12:5)
- Create a platform to voice out, confess and to be heard. James 5:16 confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
- Raising up current future leaders. Acts 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said “Here am I! Send me.”
- Groom man to take up their rightful positions in families, church and society.
- Get time to socialize and play.
- Fellowship Hebrews 10:24. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching
REMINDER: for such a time as this. We need to recognize that it’s not a mistake or coincidence that we are here RIGHT AT THIS PARTICULAR TIME, IT IS God’s purpose, and we are here for a reason! Esther 4:14- For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”