February 4, 2016
The Genesis Week Part 2
Introduction. Psalm.51:10. The Message Bible.
“God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life”
David turns to God for help, having realized that in his present state of chaos he needed a GENESIS WEEK OF RESTORATION. He is comparing his own state of mind to the condition the earth was in when God began to move and restore the situation.
God, uses an orderly and controlled process of restoration.
- Gen.1:3-5. First day “Let there be light”
- Genesis.1: Second Day “Let there be separation” Division of the waters.
a. Luke.22:32-33. The Cross – Separates. Saved from the unsaved.
b. Day.2. Picture of Calvary – 1.Cor.1:21-25.
c. Rom.12:1-2 – Process of separation is continuous. Eph.4:22-24.
3. John.8:1—11. Woman taken in adultery – Jesus emphasizes separation.
- His response – He will deal first with their self righteousness and pride.
- Stoops down, writes in the dust. The word?
- v.7a. They demand an answer! Want Him to agree with them!
- v.7b. Gives His answer – not what they expected or demanded!
- v.8. He stoops and again writes in the dust – says nothing to them.
- v.9. WHEN THEY HEARD THIS? God’s still small voice? They departed.
- v.10. Where are your accusers? No one to accuse or condemn you?
- v.11. “No one Lord!” “NEITHER DO I, GO AND SIN NO MORE!”
Note. Woman in state of chaos and fear – Jesus the creator – restored her, placing emphasis upon FUTURE SEPERATION.
4. Process of separation – Takes time physically – Spiritually instant at conversion
- Abram must be separated from Terah his father and Lot his nephew.
- Moses must be separated from Egypt – 40 years in the DESERT to work the influence of EGYPT out of his life.
- God’s choice 1.Sam.13:14 “Lord looks for a man after His own heart”
- 1.Sam.16:7d. “But the Lord Looks upon the heart”
THE LORD DOES NOT CHOSE ANYONE FOR THEIR PERFECTIONS – HE DOES CHOSE THEM – IF THEY HAVE HEART FOR GOD AND ARE WILLING TO DO HIS WILL!
e. David is such a man – His separation and moulding experience came through King Saul’s jealousy and persecution.
f. Paul – Galations.1:15-17. 3-Years in Arabia – The Lord is training him for work ahead.
Conclusion:- 2.Cor.6:14 -7:1. To walk in the LIGHT – means separation from DARKNESS.