February 3, 2016
The Genesis week Part 1
Introduction:- Psalm.51:10. The Message Bible.
“God, make fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life”
David turns to the God of Creation, Gen.1:1-2. The Genesis week starts. He needs something extra special to restore his relationship with God – A GENESIS WEEK!
n.b. If we miss the start of movie/show, disappointing and hard follow the story, same with God’s word, miss Genesis and it’s hard to understand rest of the Bible.
God’s work of restoration – done in controlled and orderly fashion!
Gen.1:1-2. Gap theory!
- Heb, Bara = to make/bring something out of nothing!
- v.2. Holy Spirit waiting for God’s word to move upon the chaos.
2. Gen.1:3-5. a. Romans.10:17. First the Sound of God’s voice, action follows.
- 1.Kings.19:12. Elijah – Cave – Spiritually dark – v.12. The Sound of God’s voice. “Go return” – Out of darkness back into light – Ministry.
- God frequently speaks to our conscience – Stop hiding problem in darkness of mind “Go return” – Repent – time to get right with the Lord.
John.10:8-12. Light of the world! Without light. There can be no life!
3. Psalm.119:130. Psalm.119:105. Read in the Message for clarity if necessary.
4. Acts.9:1-19. Paul sets out to Damascus, man in chaotic state of mind, later refers to
fact that God had His hand upon him since birth – Galation.1:15-17.
A.D. 37. Never forgot his experience on the Damascus Road.
i. v.3-7. Saw light flashing around him. Heard voice speaking to him
Men heard sound (no voice) did not see anyone.
ii. Acts.22:6-9. Saw light, heard voice. Men saw light, did not understand voice speaking to him. A.D.58
iii. Acts.26:12-14. Midday – Paul sees the light, everyone falls down, and only Paul hears the voice of Christ speaking to him. A.D.58-60
5. John.9:1-34, v.32. Blind man – Pool of Siloam. Eyes Created
i. Jesus v.7 Man hears the SOUND OF VOICE, goes returns SEEING – LIGHT!
6. I.John.1:1-4. Fellowship at the very highest level.
- Fellowship came from walking with Jesus – Relationship.
- Hebrews.10:25. We need fellowship we are to be victorious!
- 1. John.1:5-10.
- Walk in the light – conditions of fellowship.
- Never deceive ourselves
- Confession of sins.
This clearly reveals –The sanctifying blood of Christ upon our sins is conditional.
7. 1.Peter.2:9-12. Day of visitation, personal or the Second Coming of Christ!
- This could be our personal DAY OF VISITATION, time God is saying to us
“LET THERE BE LIGHT”
Conclusion. James.1:17 -19.
- Good gift = Emphasis upon the giving -The act of giving gk Dosis.
- Perfect gift = The gift itself. A free gift gk.Dorema